The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

John Garrison Synnott

Tuesday was not a bad day!
My mom took Brandon to MDO and he did really awesome without his brother for the first time. Asked for him a couple times but overall did really well!!!
Brian and I took John to Texas Children's at 8:30am for his surgery at 10:30... he was done with surgery and we were in recovery by 10:30am! He did so great and Mommy and Daddy were so proud of their little boy. He slept in our arms for about two hours after surgery and woke up around 12:30ish. The only thing was he would not drink much so we had to hang around to see if he would have to stay the night at the hospital or able to go home. He finally started drinking a little and be bribed him a lot with videos. We would let him watch something, pause it and make him take a sip of juice. It was pretty funny but it worked and by 3:45 we were on the way home. Cindy went to pick Brandon up from MDO and kept him for the afternoon (it was after all a beautiful day). My mom, Brian, John and I went home and got John all situated and Brian went over to his moms to help with Brandon, since this is the first time the boys have ever been apart. Brian said he did great! John did really well up until about 10:30pm, grated he has Tylenol with codeine in his system! Around 10:30pm he started to do his usual night routine, waking up every thirty minutes to an hour...thankfully my mom was here to help me out. I pray that with this surgery and a lot of patience on mommy and daddy's part, we can get John to sleep through the night again. Today Cindy is taking care of Brandon for the day, letting him get some energy out while my mom and I look after John. We are watching videos, letting him eat anything he wants and trying to make him drink juice. He gets a little wired with the meds so it has been fun watching him run around the house! Hopefully everything from here on just gets BETTER!

A couple of pictures from yesterday









3 comments:

Amy Jo:) said...

I am so glad he did so well! I know when Noah had his surgery I was SO emotional, it sounds like you guys did great! I am hopeful you have lots of sleeping in your future:)

Staci said...

I am glad to see John did so well and Brandon didn't have a hard time without John. Hope this is the fix he needed.

MasonTripletsPlusOne said...

So glad to hear everything went well! The boy's are getting so big and handsome. I have been a very bad blogger, but I never seem to have te time. LOL I guess that is what an almost 5 year old and 19 month old triplets will do to a girl :)

Jill