The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2007

In the Hospital

We are back in the hospital!!!!!

Thursday ended up in L&D with contractions but of course not dilating. They tried giving me trabutaline shots but it would not help so I was put on magnesium sulfate (I feel your pain Jenny B). They started me on 2 grams per hour and I was pretty good, just really hot but still contracting. So about 4am they upped it to 2.25 and I got sick, I threw up and got hot and could not sleep. Friday morning I had lazy eyes and felt like I could not stay awake. They took some blood and decided to bring down the dosage to 1.76. I feel much better but I am contracting from every 6-8 minutes. We have made it to 29 weeks so we feel so good about the boys that if something did happen we would not be "as" worried. I will be in the hospital till at least Monday when Dr. T wants to try and give me a trabutaline pump (I am now off the trabutaline and procardia pills). This pump will give me a continuous flow of medicine. It is kind of like a diabetic pump. It will go into the fatty tissue of my thigh, I am pretty weirded out by it but if I get the pump then I can go home. If the pump does not work I will come back to the hospital and get back on the magnesium until they decide t0 either deliver the boys or go another route. We got a visit the level 3 NICU today and visit with the staff and they made Brian and I feel very comfortable and ready to take on any challenges that might come our way.
Other than that I am just hanging out and trying to not do too much. Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.... they mean so muxh, you will never know!

9 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

Court, you know we love you all and are praying with you.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have missed you so much! Call me when you have a few minutes to visit! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Courtney! I've been getting updates on you and I'm praying for you and the boys. Love you!!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hang in there girl, you are doing so good! Yes that mag is no fun but if it works it will be worth it. Those boys are getting bigger and stronger every day!

Dana said...

I love you friend, hang in there.

Jenny B said...

Oh girl, that brings back a lot of memories, but I'm glad that you are doing ok. Hopefully they won't keep you on the mag sulfate very long. They would only let me do it for about 48 hours at the max. Hopefully the pump will work. I'm so glad that you have made it this far and the boys are still doing really good! Keep your spirits up, pretty soon all of this will be a distant memory and you will have those sweet boys to distract you.

katy said...

I'm praying for you Courtney! I know that you are hanging in there as best as you can for the boys. Hopefully those contractions will slow down and you can use the pump and go home. :)

Reba said...

Courtney--you, Brian, and the boys are in my thoughts. You have done great to keep them in there as long as you have. Good job Mommy! I hope they can cook a little longer. :)

Anonymous said...

You dont know me but I stumbled across your blog and have been praying for you ever since. My dear friend just went through the same thing and had her triplets last month. She and the babies are doing wonderful. SO you hang in there and may the Lord be your strength through this time. He is watching over you and the babies. psalm 121:7-8
Praying for you...