The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

To Be or Not To Be...

Alone!

Alone with the boys that is.... The twins will be three months old next week and I still have my mom and my mother-in-law coming over every day to help with fussiness and feedings. I don't feel like I could ever do this alone. I feel overwhelmed and don't know when I will be ready to even try to be alone with them. Is this normal? Why do I think I can't do it? I am just scared that they will be crying at the same time and what will I do when that happens? How in the world do you comfort two babies at the same time?
They are doing great with tummy time and are getting some good neck muscles and should hopefully be holding their head up before they are four months old. Also they just got thier RSV shot and got weighed..... 12 pounds, up two pounds in one month!!!! Other than that we are just doing tummy time, playing on playmats, swinging, going on some walks, cuddling and feeding! It's the life

6 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Hey There! I was nervous too the first time I was alone with both of the boys. Now I do it every day for at least half a day. It's really not as hard as it seems. If you bottle feed you just prop the bottles up and let them go at it. The one thing that I did have to get over was if both of them started crying at the same time. You just do the best you can. Pick one up and get him busy then get the other one busy. Once I realized that it was OK if the babies cried a little-b/c that is what babies do it was much less stressful and when I had more confidence the day went so much better. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, personally I would prefer to do it alone! But, I'm just an independent type of person. :-) On the other hand, if your Mom and MIL are nearby and available, then let them come! I believe that if you are alone with the boys, you will work out your own schedule, routines, and techniques and may even enjoy playing, etc. with them on your own. Just my humble opinion!

Dana said...

YES it is very normal! I was scared with just ONE each time. Yes, even after the third and fourth I was scared.

You are very normal hon...sorry. :)

And I am like your anonymous commentor, I would probably rather do it alone...

Staci said...

Hey Courtney. I do it alone everyday and sometimes my husband is out of town for weeks so it's just me and my oldest. You can do it. Actually it throws me off when people are here because we have our own routine. Like the other people said once you get it down you will be a pro. Don't be afraid to keep asking for help though. I wish I had it sometimes.

Jenny B said...

Hey court,
Like Dana said, I was afraid to be alone with just one too. :) And though you have double that, it will work out and you'll find a way to comfort them if they both start crying.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Will ya'll be at the NICU reunion this Saturday?? Hope to see you there!