The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

NEW YORK CITY!!!

All I can say is WOW....

New York City was awesome. I have to say we had a great time but were very busy the entire time we were there. That city really does not slow down.

Monday we went to see the Empire State Building. It was cool but I was expecting much more. I guess when I saw Sleepless in Seattle the Empire State Building looked much bigger. The observation deck was quite small but there were ALOT of people there as well.
** Brian for some reason loved taking pictures of the Crysler Building!


We were only staying a few blocks away from Grand Central Station. It was great because I didn't have to walk far to get to the subway which was great as walking far distances was killing me!


We took the subway to Central Park, one of my favorite times in New York. It was beautiful and since we did not want to walk the whole thing we got a buggy ride which was great!





Do you recognize this fountain? if you put an apartment complex behind it?????
It is the Friends fountain!!!

This is the John Lennon Memorial in Central Park.
Monday night we went to the Yankees game. CourtneyS, please forgive me!! We went to just see the stadium before they shut it down! It was pretty cool, I have to admit! Plus I had the first hot dog in 4 months and it was the best hot dog EVER!


Monday was great but very long. I was glad to get to bed and get ready for Tuesday, which was just as wonderful and fun.

Tuesday we woke up and took the subway to the Statue of Liberty. If you ever go to New York, going to the Statue of Liberty will take at the very least two hours.


After taking the very back from Liberty Island we decided to go eat in Little Italy. We went to this little place called Lombardi's. It was so good. We had some great pizza and had a good time walking around. After we ate we went by one of my brothers good friends bike shop in New York. Of course with our luck he was out of town but here is the evidence that we were there....

We decided to go down to ground zero. I don't know what I expected to see but when you go to ground zero you wont see much. everything is covered by fences and everything is under construction. We took some pictures but didn't stay long.







After seeing ground zero we went back to the hotel for some R&R. Tuesday night we went to Broadway! It was awesome and i loved it. We even bought two little baby oneies from the show we went and saw.




Wicked was awesome and so funny. If you ever get a chance to go to broadway... GO. It was so worth it and I loved it. Brian liked it but thought it was alittle long! :-) After Wicked we walked down to Time Square. A must do at night!!!



New York was awesome and Brian and I had a great time. We are so happy to be back home though. Ready to start getting ready for the baby boys! We are going to register and paint both baby rooms soon and can not wait to see them again on Oct. 5th at the next ultrasound appointment!





6 comments:

Dana said...

Courtney!!!!!!!!! You are so missed!!! Great pictures...but I didn't see ONE belly?!?!

Unknown said...

New York is SO much fun! When I went two years ago our hotel was in Times Square! And you are right about one thing... that city NEVER sleeps!

Anonymous said...

i am SO jealous you got to go see "wicked"!!!! that's so awesome!

Nancy Mon said...

Love seeing the pictures and glad you all had a good time. I am also happy that you are home. You were missed and not just because of your sign us up expertise.

Sassy Shae said...

Yay! She's back! :)

New York is fun to visit, but I couldn't keep up the pace and live there all the time.

It looks like you packed a lot into a short time!

katy said...

Wow that looks like so much fun! I am officially jealous. ;)