The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Bed Rest

It has happened.... COMPLETE bed rest. My cervix has gone from 3.5 to a 2. So they decided to put me on complete bed rest on either of my sides.... no back laying! This has been a huge challenge. My back hurts all the time when I am on my side and I love being on my back! I go see the doc Monday so I will talk to her about reclining.
More news and drama....
Friday, my doc called and asked me to get some testing done. They wanted to make sure I was not having contractions I was not feeling. Got to the hospital and once hooked up to some monitors we got the answer. The boys are doing so well. playing with one another, they couldn't even keep the heartbeats because they were moving so much... isn't that great!!!! BUT, I am indeed having contractions. I was having them pretty often actually and had to be monitored alittle longer. Dr. T decided that I needed some medicine to relax my uterus to see if the contractions would decrease. I took ventolin (asthma medicine) and about 30 minuyes later the contractions were gone. I finally got released and have to take this medicine every 6 hours and be on complete bed rest till other wise told. I am 25 weeks and 2 days today and really want to make it to 30 weeks, would LOVE to make it to 34 weeks.
Please be praying for the contractions to stop, for the boys to get fat and healthy enough to be delivered when needed and that I can handle bed rest!!!

12 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Courtney, Hang in there girl. I'm sorry about the bed rest but so glad your doctors are keeping close tabs on you and it sounds like with the funneling going on, bedrest is the very best thing. I'll be praying for your pain and discomfort and also that those little guys stay put for a long long time! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!

Lindsey

katy said...

Oh wow, Court! I will be praying for you. You can make it to 34 weeks, I fully believe that. Hang in there.

Nancy Mon said...

Oh Courtney, bedrest...on your side? Of course you know I am going to have to say it...here it goes...you must do this for no oozing factor.

Hang in there... I am praying for you.

Dana said...

Okay, crying. I am not scared, I just know you are and I love you and the boys so much...

So, that said....I am glad the doctor had the smarts to test you for the contractions. This is a very good thing to find since you were not feeling them.

5 more weeks boys! We want you to hang in there at least that long...

Unknown said...

Oh Courtney! I will defintely be praying for you and the boys! You all are doing so great!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You know we are praying for you! I was on that medication from 4 1/2 months until delivery day! The side effects WILL subside. Call me if you need anything! Love you!

Unknown said...

girl i'm so sorry you had to be put on bed rest. but PRAISE GOD those sweet boys are doing good. it sounds like they are best buds already!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear that, but at the same time doing the bed rest will endure that your boy's continue to grow big and strong!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! We miss you - but know that it is the best for you and the boys! So do what the doctor says, Missy!!

LMS

Michelle said...

you can do it! rent some movies, read books, get crossword puzzles, whatever...just remain busy! i know this is not what you want, but you are doing the best thing for your boys!

Anonymous said...

hang in there, court! i'm praying for you and the boys!

Allison said...

Hey girlie..only side laying, that is rough..hang in there and know that we're all praying for and cheering for you and the boys. Please keep us updated....