The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 19, 2007

NWHMOM


Last night I went to my first meeting for the North West Houston Mothers of Multiples. IT WAS GREAT!!!! I was nervous about going so of course I took my mother with me and I think she was the "bell of the ball"... everyone loved her and was glad to see a GRANDMA in the house. I met so many women who had twins and even one with triplets. All these women live near me and I can not wait to really get to know them because I know they have a wealth of knowledge.
A few of things I did learn:
1. the boys WILL want to stay together in one room.... so of course now I am re-thinking having two rooms and maybe just going with one room and one theme.
2. most of the women went on "voluntary" bed rest around 30 weeks because they were just so worn out.
3. most of the women also had their twins between 33-37 weeks which is great!

I am really looking forward to this club and knowing that brian and I can raise twins, that it is not impossible!!!

Oh and today is 23 weeks :-)

6 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

23 weeks, wow. The boys will be here before you know it. Glad you had fun at the meeting. You are right that these women will be a great source of information and comfort in the trying times. Come on, one of those boys just has to be wired like you. :)

Anonymous said...

23 weeks already? Where has the time gone?

I think having them in 1 room at first will be the easiest. I would think it would make it easier to get them on the same schedule. But, what do I know? I just have 1 boy! LOL

Love you!

katy said...

That's awesome about your meeting! And congrats on making 23 weeks! Time is flying (but crawling at the same time...)! :)

Unknown said...

that is awesome that you found that group!

Dana said...

I am glad you found the group as well! I know it will be a good support group for you...

And 23 weeks? Geese, you just told us yesterday!?!?

Allison said...

I'll echo that 30 week voluntary bedrest thing! Even if you feel good, indulge in napping, reading, tv watching, and eating becuase come a couple months from now you are going to be one busy girl! Congrats on making to to week 23-- you're more than half way there!