The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 6, 2008

A lot has happened

Like I have said before, things change daily with the boys! Lets see, Brandon's weight is up to 4 pounds 8 ounces and John is up to 4 pounds 6 ounces.... John is finally above his birth weight.... YEAH!!!! They both have taken one bottle a day. Brandon is having a little trouble sucking, breathing, and swallowing all at the same time and is taking awhile to take his entire bottle (38 ml.). It takes his almost 30 minutes, he just does not suck on the nipple very eagerly. John had his first bottle Saturday morning and had 29 ml. in 11 minutes. He was a champ and they said that his sucking relax is great and he can pace himself very well. They are going to start helping me feed them so I can learn how to feed a preemie and be confident that I won't hurt them. Before they come home they have to be able to take 8 bottle a day and be able to digest the milk. I don't know how fast they will get to 8 bottle but things can change every 24 hours. Also they are almost keeping their temps up very well and are almost at room temp. which will help them get in an open crib in the NICU.
As for me I was at the hospital again last night (Saturday). About 4pm I ended up having a temp of 101 and called the doc and they said I needed to get checked out because it could be a uterine infection. So I was at the hospital for about 2 hours getting blood taken and all. Come to find out they could not determine the reason I had a fever but once I got home my temp broke. I personally think it had to do with not pumping enough yesterday... We were a little busy yesterday and I waited too long. Needless to say I am back on schedule and feeling good. The doc however had to check out my incision and pretty much pounced on my tummy and made it very sore!

The boys will take thier bottle together everyday at 2pm and I will get some pictures to show everyone soon!!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

8 bottles? That seems like a lot for such little guys!!

I miss you and love you and can't wait to see you and the boys...

Nancy Mon said...

I love reading all the good news and hearing the progress they boys are making... but you know what I really want to comment on...but I won't. :)