The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

our little men...

are 1 week old
Gosh, things change so fast!!!! Everyday something has changed with Brandon and John. On Tuesday (1/2) my mom and I walk into the NICU and Brandon is off all his IV's and John is no longer under the jaundice light. Also Brandon had his first try at a bottle--- I am over joyed about how good he did. His feeding has been going up daily and he now is on 30 ml and yesterday during his bottle feed he had 29. So everyday at 2pm we will feed him by bottle until he can suck swallow breath really good. He is such a tropper and doing so well. John is still on his IV but it doesn't look like it will be long before he is off of them. He is now sucking on a pacifer. He gets tired easily but he is small and we are just thankful he is tryng!
As for me, I am TIRED!!!! I feel as if I don't have enough time in the day but also that I am just really slow still with being sore. My swelling is going down, slowly but it is going away. Pumping is going much better, I am a milk making machine and I am glad for that so the boys have my milk but I feel like I am pumping 24/7. Other than that things are really quiet and we are just trying to get ready to have the boys home.
More pictures to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! The boys are beautiful, remember every single moment because it goes by WAY too fast! My boys are now 6 and it feels like they were born only yesterday! xoxo

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad that the boys are doing well!

Jenny B said...

How awesome! I'm so glad that they are doing so well, so quickly!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday John & Brandon!

I love you both!!!

and I love you Court!!!