The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 10, 2007

13 Weeks- Second Trimester... I Think

Today is 13 weeks. I can not believe this day has actually come. I told Brian in the begining of the pregnancy that I just wanted to make it past 12 weeks. So here we are and I am so excited about it. I have also come to learn something. Brian has been trying to tell me this for weeks but I was not listening to him because I thought I was right, go figure! So let me try to explain this as well as I can because I am still a little confused about it myself. Lets say for example that a woman is 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Well I thought that she would be in her 11th week.... NO she is actually in her 12 week. At 11 weeks, she has completed the 11th week and at 11 weeks 1 day she is starting her 12th week. So basically tomorrow I will be starting my 14th week of pregnancy. Now why don't we say that I am in my 14th week instead of 13 weeks 1 day. This is all so confusing! To much for me to take in.... So Brian, honey, you were right, for once!

Also we registered for a birthing class. I don't really know what to think of it though, it is from 9am to 5pm. Its like going to work...CRAZY! I guess we will learn alot and I am excited about seeing the hospital and all that jazz. We will be around 17 weeks when we go to the class.

1 comments:

katy said...

Yeah, it's crazy. Just think of it this way... when you are three and a half months pregnant you are halfway through the fourth month. By the time you complete the fourth month, you are actually four months pregnant. It does make sense in a crazy math-centered way... I just prefer to say the actual week or month that I have completed, hehe.