The Synnott Twins

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

San Antonio

After a nice ride around the lazy river
After having lunch

Playing around in the condo

Getting ready to eat

The family


LONG... you are forewarned. This is really just for me to remember what all happened!

We left Thursday after the boys lunch. They sat in their new convertible car seats (eddie bauer 3-in-1). We really like them since we know the car seats will grow with the boys, the one thing we do not like right now is that when the boys fall asleep is that their heads fall forward rather than just resting to the side. This was the first long trip the boys took combined with the new car seats so it was pretty interesting.... on the way there John slept and Brandon talked/cried most the way. Once we go there and unpacked (we took everything) we fed the boys their dinner and let the girls (their cousins) play with them while we ordered dinner and tried to eat. Neither one of the boys took an evening nap so they were pretty fussy all the way up to their night bottle. Giving them a bath was not too much fun either. We did not bring their bath seat since we just thought it was one more thing to take up space and we decided to wash them in the sink which was not easy for us as it was too slippery and since we wash them with dove unsented soap (pedi recommendation) it got in their eyes when we tried to get their hair wet. They took their night bottle and passed out in two pack-in-plays in the living room of the condo we were in. Around 3am John started to stir and did that all the way until it was time to get up for the day around 7am. So needless to say I was up while John was up. Brian let me sleep until it was time to feed them breakfast so that was really nice!
Friday: I tried to out smart the little ones and brought with us oatmeal with apples and bananas in a jar just to save space instead of bringing the box of oatmeal. Well neither of them took to it. My little piggy Brandon ate it because I made him and daddy gave in and gave John bananas instead since John would not take the pre-made stuff at all. We got through breakfast and let them play till around 9am when it was nap time. They slept for about 30-45 minutes! So we decided to get them ready and go out to the pool to meet up with the girls. The place we stayed at had a lazy river so we thought that would be great for Brandon and John to start out the fun weekend with. They really seemed to like the lazy river but since Hurricane Dolly had made the weather overcast the water was pretty cold so we went to the indoor hot tub. It was nice until something scared John and he cried until we got out of the hot tub and went back out by the pool. I have a feeling it was to loud for him. Then Brian and I had the smart idea to try something new... our first lunch outing... our first outing ever when it is time for them to eat! Now remember, they only slept for about 45 minutes, been out in the sun and are in swim diapers and bathing suit trunks. We went to the restaurant (all 11 of us) and I went back tot he room to get their bottles and food. I had the smart idea to buy traveling bottle warmers... I did not read the instructions... and went back down to the restaurant. The boys did GREAT in the high chairs which was so great but not so great with a cold bottle (yeah, my travel warmers take 20 minutes to warm up). The boys were fussy, not wanting to eat even though we tried to heat up the milk in the restaurants microwave so we headed back to the room while the rest of the group ate lunch and brought our food back for us. Once we changed the boys diapers, warmed up their milk, they drank it all! We also tried mac and cheese for the first time... They thought it was ok, just smelt like cheese and we have been feeding the bananas too so think about that for a second. The boys had the hardest time going to the bathroom the rest of the weekend! We let the boys play for a little longer and then put the down for a nap... of course it lasted or about 30-45 minutes (the theme of the weekend). While they were down for the short time we went to the other condo where we played wii with our nieces and oh my gosh they rock at it!!!! We got the boys and they played till it was time for a bath (well they fussed and cried and played) and we decided to do bath time different and get in the bathtub with them and make it play time and that went better and they seemed to be ok with it. The night bottle and going down for the night went well and we went and played wii till around 10:30pm. Once we went to bed John decided to start to stir and wake up around 3ish again until it was time to get up for the morning AGAIN!
Saturday: Much of the same! Fussiness, play, nap, and pool. We decided that the boys needed to learn to eat out so we changed it up alittle... we changed them out of their wet bathing suits into a clean diaper and clothes and I went up and heated their bottle and got their food ready and brought it down to the restaurant. We sat outside since it was quieter and they took their bottle and ate their food and played with things while sitting in their high chairs while we ate our food! SUCCESS!!! After that we went back to the room and they took their nap after playing a bit and once they woke up we took them back to the pool, not to swim but just to hang out and they did great. We went back to the room to feed them dinner and after we went back down to the pool instead of giving them a nap at 5pm. They did great until we wanted them to take a nap... they cried and went down for a bit but fussed all the way up until their bath and I mean fussed, we had to get away from everyone to try and calm them down and we did not get dinner till after their night bottle and went down for the night. That in it self did not last long. Brandon woke up at 1:30am and John around 3am and did his thing till it was time to get up for the day.
Sunday: We fed the boys and left for home around 9ish. They slept for an hour and cried and fussed the rest of the way... with one stop to change Brandon's dirty diaper. We got home and much of the same happened. They were unhappy and fussed until bed time. John woke up around 3ish again and I went in and gave him his paci and he stirred the rest of the time.

Brian and I think they they are both really teething, John for sure! Also we think Brandon is allergic to San Antonio... he ended up coughing the entire time and it turned into a wet cough like he was trying to get something out of his throat. I will call the pedi if it won't stop with all the benadryl I am giving him right now!

So that was our first official trip. Lessons learned: do not start a new food, especially if it will "back" you up. Bring the bath seat. Make them as comfortable as possible if you are going out to eat and probably a whole lot more lessons I will remember once I get out of my trance!


kdurec said...

Your trip sounds like all of mine. Some good and some difficult thrown in together. :) It sounds like you got things under control by the end! I hope those teeth pop through and give you a break before the next ones start up!

Ashhog said...

Sounds fun...but also VERY tiring! But so many new firsts-that's great! We will have so much to talk about when I get back from TX. Ya'll should have another vacation and drive on up to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area this week! :)

Get some rest!

Ashhog said...

Oh yeah-and I LOVE the new header pics especially the one with them on your shoulders! Adorable!